Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County are companions in times of illness, dying and grief.
Our trained volunteers provide free, confidential, non-medical services for patients and their families dealing with life-limiting illness or end-of-life decision making.
We also offer grief support for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, whether or not that person has received hospice care.
Find out more about the ways we support those dealing with illness, dying or grief.
Ways We Can Support You
Want to help?
Find out more about getting involved or donating to our organization.
Ways You Can Support Us
We do the things a good neighbor would do. All our services are completely free of charge. These services include:
- companionship and household chores for those with life-limiting illnesses
- support to anyone grieving the loss of a loved one from any cause
- support for caregivers working with those at the end of life
- educational resources on grief, death and dying
- workshops on end of life issues and advance care planning
- consulting on end-of-life choices
- partnerships with and volunteer support for medical hospice program
Support our work
Hospice Volunteers of Waldo County is an independent non-profit organization funded by the generous donations of our community.
Volunteer companions in times of illness, dying and grief.
Talk with us
In Waldo County, no one need die or grieve alone. Please reach out to us so we can support you. We will try to get back to you within 24-48 hours.
HVOWC, PO Box 772, Belfast, Maine 04915